CA Technologies provides opportunities to learn and grow at all stages of your career
CA Technologies understands that to win in a global IT landscape, we need to conduct business not only with agility, but to focus on employee engagement. Chief People and Places Officer Guy Di Lella says, “Engagement is a way to measure how our people feel about their employee experience (EX) which has a direct positive correlation to customer experience (CX). Quite simply, the higher the EX, the higher the CX.”
How do we help drive a better employee experience at CA Technologies? We focus on providing our people with impactful experiences to support them at each stage of their careers. Further, our talent strategy is founded on a “Leaders at all Levels” philosophy, which empowers all employees, regardless of role, to demonstrate leadership skills to help us realize our mission. There is something for everyone!
Career Growth Opportunities that Drive Employee Experience
Throughout their careers, employees continually look for new ways to stretch, learn and grow. All of CA’s programs are learning and growth opportunities that align to CA’s Mission – to eliminate barriers between ideas and outcomes. In all the Talent Development programs, we challenge employees to think about how they can break through barriers and create new innovative ideas and outcomes, no matter the level they sit in the organization. All the programs and experiences also align to our DNA – the essential building blocks that allow us to drive our customer’s ideas and help them achieve greater outcomes and results. This is how we achieve our best work.
Below are some of the award-winning programs that align to CA’s Mission and DNA:
- Leadership Development Program (LDP): This program serves as the foundation for building leaders at CA and contributes to a culture where leadership development is valued. The LDP is intended to build a bench of strong, qualified leaders who can influence others in a positive way and move CA forward. This program recently won two LEAD awards from HR.com, which are based solely on the feedback of our LDP participants and Alumni, as well as a Brandon Hall Excellence Award.
- Managing and Leading: A virtual social and immersive program that allows managers to develop skills and knowledge through dialogue and collaboration with other managers across CA. This program also won a Brandon Hall Excellence Award.
- CA Spark: A virtual social program that provides participants with the foundation, framework, network, tools and practice to help build core coaching skills. Like the LDP and Managing and Leading programs, CA Spark also won a Brandon Hall Excellence Award.
- On-Demand Learning: Skills such as change leadership, career engagement, and others that align with our DNA can be accessed through our Leaders at all Levels intranet site. Tools, resources and e-newsletters are available when and where it’s needed on a variety of topics to help stimulate growth.
- Workshops: Live workshops are facilitated throughout the main office hubs based on relevant topics. Similar to full-scale programs, workshops are offered in one-hour to half-day increments.
- Functional Training: All organizations provide online modular learning experiences to increase functional skills within key roles. Alternatively, in-person workshops are presented upon need.
CA Technologies encourages all of its people to own their career and take charge of their own growth. Wherever you are on your CA journey, there are many opportunities to learn, grow, define your path and drive your career forward.
Want to learn more about #LifeAtCA? Follow the hashtag and LifeAtCA on Instagram to see employee pictures from around the world. You can also see more about our Leadership Development Program by following #LDPFY18 on Twitter!
Joanna Castaneda is a Principal, Talent Development at CA Technologies.